Chief of Staff
Climate Investment is seeking a Chief of Staff to work closely with the CEO, at times acting as extension of their role and assuming any necessary responsibilities. This person will also be responsible for collaborating with both the CFO/COO and CIO, acting as an enabler for the Leadership team, aiding with fostering decision-making and strategic projects as well as Board accountability & reporting.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Aligning the agenda for both Business Forum and Operations Forum, working closely with the CIO, CFO and EA to the CEO.
- Action tracking and follow up from Business/Operations Forums.
- Board communication and management of board interactions.
- Co-ordination of Board meeting agendas.
- Co-ordination of Board paper preparation and providing a first line of review of all submissions.
- Supporting business process improvement as necessary.
- Serve as a critical resource for the CEO, offering insights and advice on a variety of business matters.
- Helping prepare reports, write reviews and summaries for public and/or stakeholder consumption.
- Lead and manage a range of projects and initiatives to address CI’s goals, from long-term strategic initiatives to tactical business-critical work.
- Research and analytical insight for CEO’s engagements and speaking opportunities.
- Using expert communication skills to link the leadership team to CI’s broader organisation.
- Benchmark key performance indicators within the business.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Degree Qualified
- Strong practical business leadership experience and skills.
Experience and Technical Competencies required
- Experience of Board level interaction
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly written materials.
- Capable of simplifying complexity, both in terms of communication and business challenges.
- Demonstratable ability of strategic thinking and problem analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to distil and articulate key messages.
- Can manage end-to-end process of idea to execution for project work and strategy.
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities at once.
- Strong research skills; capable of gathering information and data to support decision-making processes
- Excellent numeracy, research and analytical skills
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Passion for making an impact on climate change.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Resilience, and the ability to make difficult things happen.
- Hands-on attitude
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interface at multiple levels of CI and member companies.
- Can anticipate and avert problems before they happen.
- Can grasp and add value to the CEO’s vision.
- Has organizational and political intelligence.
- The position is based in London, UK (but would consider internal relocation candidates).
- Eligibility to work in the UK is mandatory.
- We currently operate a hybrid working model for all our office-based roles.
- International travel may be required from time to time.
- Diverse locations of OGCI may result in out of hours meetings/calls, where necessary to meet business requirements with no additional payment for overtime.