OGCI Climate Investments LLP and its members and subsidiaries, including but not limited to OGCI Climate Investments Management Company (US), LLC (“the Company” or “we“, “us“, “our“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of this policy, “Data Protection Legislation” means “the UK GDPR” and “the 2018 Act” as both terms are respectively defined (and as the UK GDPR and 2018 Act are respectively amended) by the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/419). Where this policy uses terms which are defined in the UK GDPR, then the definitions set out in the UK GDPR will apply.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, the Company is the controller of the personal information we collect about you from the site, unless you specifically provide your personal information to another identified entity via the website such as OGCI Climate Investments Management Company (US) LLC – in which case, that entity will be the controller of such personal information. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the site such as an application for investment or a job application or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register with our site, contact us, subscribe to receive further information and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your first and last name, address, e-mail address, phone number, job title, the company you work for or any other details which you choose to include in your CV or covering letter (if applying for a job vacancy).
Depending on the context of your communication with the Company, we will use your personal information where we have a legitimate interest to do so, for example to:
- respond to your enquiry or provide you with information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information we offer that is similar to that which you have already purchased or enquired about;
- consider your application to work for us;
- evaluate any investment opportunities that your business offers;
- respond to any existing client, supplier or partner of ours in relation to a pre-existing agreement or relationship;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
You are entitled to unsubscribe from us contacting you by e-mail or by telephone for this reason at any time. If you subsequently decide that you do not want to hear from us about the service we could provide to your business, please let us know by emailing email@example.com . with the subject heading “Unsubscribe” or please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email that we have sent to you. If you do unsubscribe, this will not affect our use of the personal information prior to you unsubscribing, but it will mean that we will not be able to contact you about the services we may be able to offer you or your business in the future.
2. Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our contact number.
We will use the above information where we have a legitimate interest to do so, such as:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site that may interest you or them.
Where we do rely on a legitimate interest to process your information, we carry out a “balancing” test to make sure our legitimate interest does not override your privacy rights as an individual.
We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your information for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above as: (a) we process your information only so far as is necessary for such purpose; and (b) it can be reasonably expected for us to process your information in this way.
3. Information we receive from other sources
In certain circumstances (e.g. following an application for a vacancy or investment), we may combine the information you give to us with information we collect about you from additional sources. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with others in order to confirm your identity and respond to your enquiry. By visiting our site, the following disclosures may occur:
- we may check your personal information by searching for your name and that of your business in a publicly available and private database of businesses and individuals, which will use the details entered by us to provide us with the search results. For example, we may use databases such as those retained by LinkedIn or Companies House for this purpose;
- we may pass your information to selected third parties including
- companies participating in the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1);
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
If we do share your personal information with others, we will do so in accordance with this policy and with the Data Protection Legislation.
5. Records of personal information
We will keep a record of the personal information that we receive from you in accordance with our legitimate interest to answer your enquiry, to contact you about any potential investment opportunities or in response to an enquiry from one of our existing suppliers. We will retain a copy of your personal information for the specific purpose for which it was provided, until it is no longer required to fulfil that purpose and we no longer need to comply with a legal obligation that requires us to retain your personal information.
6. Transfers outside the EEA: where we store your data
Where we pass your personal information to parties located outside of the United Kingdom or EEA that do not offer adequate protection, if they are not subscribed to an approved data protection framework, we will enter into agreements which enable us to transfer that personal information to them and that enable you to exercise your rights in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
We will carry out an appropriate risk assessment of the laws and practices of the destination country to identify any technical and organisational measures that need to be put in place to ensure that your personal information is fully protected when in that country.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Your Rights
With respect to the personal information that the Company collects about you from the site, pursuant to the applicable Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights:
|To be informed
|A right to be informed about the personal data we hold about you.
|A right to access the personal data we hold about you.
|A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
|A right to ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you. This right will only apply where (for example):
|To restrict processing
|In certain circumstances, a right to restrict our processing of the personal information we hold about you. This right will only apply where (for example):
|To data portability
|In certain circumstances, a right to receive the personal information you have given us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal information to another organisation, at your request.
|To object to processing
|A right to object to our processing of the personal information we hold about you where our lawful basis is for the purpose of our legitimate interests, unless we are able to demonstrate, on balance, legitimate grounds for continuing to process the personal information which override your rights or which are for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
|In relation to automated decision-making and profiling
|A right for you not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
|To withdraw consent
|A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal information (for example, to provide you with brochures and newsletters).
Please note that we will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes to opt out on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email that we have sent to you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
The site uses some tracking cookies (if you have consented via the cookies consent mechanism presented to you when you first visited the site):
- Google Analytics – to measure how users interact with the website;
- HubSpot – the forms we have embedded come with their own cookies for tracking; and
- Vimeo – the embedded videos also have cookies for tracking and managing state (remembering which point you got to in the video).
9. How to disable cookies
If you would like to disable cookies you need to change your browser setting to reject cookies. However, if you use your browser setting to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our site. How to do this will depend on the type of browser you use.
10. Third party cookies
Last Updated: 15 June 2023