Executive Assistant - US (West Coast)
The Executive Assistant (EA) supports the Global Managing Director for Investments and the Managing Director of Commercialization (Energy) on the West Coast of the US. The role requires a high level of confidentiality and discretion, along with the ability to prioritize activities and incoming materials and to action/escalate as appropriate.
The role has a wide range of accountabilities including complex calendar management across multiple time zones, travel management, organising of meetings and events and proactively managing correspondence.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
Travel and Diary Management
- Management of diary and appointments for the Global Managing Director for Investments and the Managing Director of Commercialization (Energy); Liaison with the Administration team in London.
Meetings and Events
- Organizing meetings including ensuring that the practical arrangements are in place including liaising with IT
when the arrangements are complex to ensure the meeting runs smoothly and that any necessary
preparation materials are received on time.
- Extensive use of e-mail including access to e-mails and calendars as appropriate.
- Actioning or progressing tasks at hand, ensuring that correspondence with contacts is courteous, helpful and
completed in a timely manner.
- Acting as the first point of contact on a day-to-day basis, often in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to prioritise activities and incoming materials and to action/escalate as appropriate.
- On specific occasions, assist in note taking and preparation of meeting minutes.
- Assist with preparation of reports, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Relationship building and maintaining rapport with several key contacts. The role provides a vital link
between Climate Investment (CI) and Member Companies, and it is essential that good relationships are built
- Support CI team in US with submission of expenses.
- Establish corporate rates for services within the US (hotels, couriers).
- Responsibility for electronic and paper filing systems.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent
- Previous career experience in assisting C-suite individuals.
- Computer literacy with MS-Office suite and familiarity with IT equipment and technical support.
Experience and Technical Competencies required
- Strong performance track record in previous administration roles, supporting several C-Suite individuals
across multiple time zones.
- Must have advanced level sills in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), shared folders and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritise, action/escalate as appropriate.
Behavioural Competencies and Special Aptitudes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams globally, leveraging tools and
processes to work across time zones.
- Ability to prioritise and work with minimum supervision.
- Proactive individual with the ability to problem solve effectively.
- Ability to judge and maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion on sensitive issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to distil and articulate key messages.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities effectively often under time pressures.
- Self-motivated, flexible and efficient.
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels within Climate Investment and Member Companies.
- Passion for making an impact on climate change.
- The position is based California or Houston, TX. The key stakeholders for this position are based in CA.
- Eligibility to work in the US is mandatory.
- For office-based roles we currently operate a hybrid working arrangement, however regular office
attendance for this role is envisaged.
- International travel will be required from time to time.
- Diverse locations of Cl may result in out of hours meetings/calls, as required.
- The role may require additional hours to be worked above 40 hours per week. (Overtime will be paid for all hours worked over 40 hours per week