Financial Accountant - 12 Month Maternity Cover
Climate Investment is looking for a new Financial Accountant (12 month Maternity cover) to join us in January 2024. This person will be responsible for group bookkeeping tasks and finance processes for the Group. They will also assist the Financial Controller with the preparation and closing of month end and general maintenance of finance records.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Maintain and review outsourced bookkeeping
- Balance sheet reconciliations for multiple entities
- Maintenance of finance records
- Expenses management
- Review journals, invoices and expenses to relevant ledger codes and cost centres
- Managing expenses and reconciliations to credit card accounts
- Review bank transactions onto accounting system for multi-currency bank accounts
- Maintaining the purchase ledger
- May assist with preparing information for monthly management reporting
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly financials and capital statements
- Update month end workbook including fixed asset register
- Monitoring of cash calls from members
- Exposure to multi-currencies
- Liaise and support external auditors for interim and year end audit
- Assisting the finance team in keeping a clear audit trail of transactions
- Supporting projects as necessary
- Responsible for day-to-day running on finance processes
Education and Professional Qualifications
Additional Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) fully qualified
Experience and Technical Competencies required
- Knowledge in IFRS would be highly preferred
- Fund experience desirable
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Highly collaborative approach and an effective team player.
Special Aptitudes or Personality Attributes Required
- Very flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage conflicting priorities effectively.
- The position is based in London, UK.
- Eligibility to work in the UK is mandatory.
- For office-based roles we currently operate a hybrid working arrangement, however regular office attendance for this role is envisaged.
- International travel will be required from time to time.
- Diverse locations of Cl may result in out of hours meetings/calls, as required. The role may require additional hours to be worked above 40 hours per week.