HR Advisor - Payroll & Benefits
Climate Investment is looking for an accomplished HR Advisor to assist the Reward & HR Operations Manager with primarily with Payroll and benefit activities for US employees but will also support these activities on a global basis.
This role will additionally incorporate HR Systems, Employee Lifecycle activities, reporting and overall support, with general HR activities being undertaken by other members of the team.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- To manage the bi-monthly US payroll and all related tax and social security compliance.
- To administer all US employee benefit plans.
- To maintain all necessary HR documentation and to ensure that the HR database is updated to reflect the status of US based employees.
- To prepare relevant contractual employment documentation throughout the employee lifecycle. This may include Offers of Employment, Pre-employment Checks, Induction, On-boarding, Occupational Health, Contractual change letters and other communications as required.
- To prepare the monthly inputs for UK payroll and complete the initial review / check of outputs provided. Complete related cyclical activities (e.g. UK pension upload).
- To maintain all HR and benefit systems.
- To provide reports from various HR systems as required and complete monthly organisation charts and people reports.
- To co-ordinate all staff training initiatives within the defined budget.
- To co-ordinate the Performance Management process, maintain the PerformYard tool and provide advice and support to employees on utilising the PerformYard tool.
- To assist in developing and implementing staff initiatives to support employee wellbeing.
- To support the HR team with any other duties as deemed necessary from time to time.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Degree Qualified
Additional Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of US payroll and benefits is essential.
Experience and Technical Competencies required
- An HR professional with Payroll, benefits and systems experience.
- Experience in the energy, technology, private equity or venture capital sectors would be advantageous. Prior experience in a global role would be advantageous.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel is essential.
- Prior experience of maintaining HR systems would be advantageous.
Behavioural Competencies and Special Aptitudes
- Attention to detail and accuracy, specifically in relation to spreadsheets, payroll and contractual matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Highly collaborative approach and an effective team player.
Special Aptitudes or Personality Attributes Required
- Very flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage conflicting priorities effectively.
- The position is based in Houston, Texas.
- Eligibility to work in the US is mandatory.
- For office-based roles we currently operate a hybrid working arrangement, however regular office attendance for this role is envisaged.
- International travel will be required from time to time.
- Diverse locations of Cl may result in out of hours meetings/calls, as required. The role may require additional hours to be worked above 40 hours per week. Overtime will be paid for all hours worked over 40 hours per week.