Climate Investment have a fantastic opportunity for an Impact Leader to join our growing Team. GHG Impact quantification is at the heart of our investment strategy and it is operationalized at all stages of our investment process. The Impact Associate will lead the impact quantification and will define the metrics, methodology and measurement/reporting approaches that help CI maximize its impact.
The Impact Associate will also assist the Chief Strategy Officer in the execution of CI’s broader business plan including strategic projects, deal flow analysis and sourcing, data analysis, desk top research and working on CI’s own net zero journey
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- To lead CI’s GHG Impact thinking.
- To support all strategic sector and technology reviews with an Impact lens.
- To provide a consistent Impact screening for all new investments including: Interacting with potential investee companies to understand their impact and Building an impact model in line with financial modelling during the due diligence phase.
- To provide a forecast of the impact of all Portfolio companies each year.
- To prepare management information on evolution of impact results across the portfolio.
- To prepare annual reporting of year end realised Impact and support its external verification.
- To support with the setting of targets for impact targets for each fund.
- To keep methodology up to date and in line with industry best practice and to participate in Project Frame and other industry-wide impact initiatives.
- To develop the wider “impact” community with focal points in the business.
- To deploy impact tools to support the efficient our impact process.
Market and Strategic studies
- To undertake ad-hoc market studies and competitive landscape reviews required for due diligence on new investment opportunities.
- To perform the CI GHG footprint analysis annually.
- To support the development of the wider ESG strategies for CI.
- To assist with the preparation of CI materials and events as necessary.
- To co-ordinate multiple projects concurrently with minimum supervision.
- To pro-actively oversee projects from initiation to execution.
- To provide ideas on research improvements and data collection process improvements.
- To liaise directly with multiple stakeholders.
- To support the finance team with the quarterly and annual management reporting process as required.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in an area relevant to CI’s areas of business.
- Analytical competence a requirement.
Additional Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- A strong understanding of data and data-driven decision making would be highly beneficial.
- Any previous experience in energy, manufacturing, industrial, electrical, steel, cement, transportation would be beneficial.
Experience and Technical Competencies required
- Advanced Microsoft suite skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Behavioral Competencies and Special Aptitudes
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Well organised and pro-active.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to distil and articulate key messages.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proven organisational skills, including planning & prioritisation.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities effectively often under time pressures.
- Self-motivated, flexible and efficient.
- Ability to effectively work with a global team, leveraging tools and processes to work across time zones and locations.
Special Aptitudes or Personality Attributes:
- Commitment to the mission of addressing climate change.
- The position is based in the UK.
- Eligibility to work in the UK is mandatory.
- We currently operate a hybrid working model for all our office-based roles.
- International travel may be required from time to time.
- Diverse locations of CI may result in out of hours meetings/calls, where necessary to meet business requirements with no additional payment for overtime.